Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I now know those persons I'd want standing beside me in a fox hole!

Posted courtesy of Jimmie Butler
I made a similar comment in the last week or so when I talked about the importance of being able to judge early the quality of men (and now women) you're going into combat with. Fortunately, you and I would never have had to go into combat... alongside Tancredo because he made sure he'd never be close to the front lines along with other Americans who served and went forth to do their duties to the best of their abilities.
I told the person that my first impressions of Dan Maes were formed in March at the first campaign event I attended. Now I'm getting toward 20 times of seeing him, photographing him, listening to him, and my confidence in Dan Maes now is stronger than back in March. He is handling all the heinous lies and smears with much more grace than I would ever be able to muster.

As a retired USAF Colonel who flew 240 combat missions in Southeast Asia, integrity has been probably the most important measuring stick to me of all. From my observations, the integrity of Dan Maes far exceeds that of Tom Tancredo. As I told the person I made these arguments to previously, I would have no qualms returning to combat alongside Dan Maes.
He's been attacked relentlessly in a manner Saul Alinsky would smile about by a career politician who has shown us he has no honor. I encourage alll grassroots voters who are going to the polls on Tuesday to elect Dan Maes. I don't believe the poll numbers as Tancredo has no ground game in Colorado's conservativ bastion of El Paso County nor apparently very much outside of some areas in greater Denver.
Jimmie H. Butler, Colonel, USAF, Retired

No comments:

Post a Comment