Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

A LINE IN THE SAND

Jimmie Butler
Yesterday I took a little time away from campaigning for Dan Maes to attend a memorial service for a friend and classmate at the USAF Academy chapel and cemetery. I’ve shared these thoughts with some of you, but I’d like to share them with... more of Dan’s supporters and his limited, one-note chorus of detractors.

In those bittersweet few hours, I was reminded once again about what an extraordinary group of young men I joined up with on 26 June 1959. Of the 499 we graduated on 5 June 1963, with President John F. Kennedy as our graduation speaker, 18 were killed in action in Southeast Asia. I would never dishonor their memory and that of a number of other friends who died there, as well, by voting for a draft dodger for any significant political office no matter what rationales a bunch of desperate people come up with.

I learned long ago that when a line is drawn in the sand, it may be a tough decision to decide which side of that line to stand on. I choose a side based on what I believe, then look around--at those standing on my side of the line and those I see across the line. I'm very proud to be alongside Dan Maes and his family and all the other passionate principled people I see on my side of the line.

I may or may not wake up angry on 3 November, but I will wake up with a clean conscience. Will you???

Jimmie
Jimmie H. Butler, Colonel, USAF, Retired
 
Mara Roberts
Dan would be a fine Governor, and has plans for jobs, the economy, illigal immigration, and very importantly, he understands AGENDA 21 and ICLEI. If you don't, you better start learning. These are UN programs, that most of the large citie...s in CO have already signed on to. This is all under the name of "green" and sounds very good, bike paths, etc, but the goal is to take away all private property, hustle people into congested living areas, and take away our sovereignty. If you think it's hard to get to the mtns to go skiing now, due to the crowds, no worries, under these programs, ski areas will be eliminated, and you will not even be Allowed to visit open space areas, not unless you are an elite. Remember the burning of the restaurant at the top of Vail ski area about 7 or 8 yrs ago? Some of you do. Well, that was done by Earth First, an extremely radical so-called environmental group. The head of earth first has been able to make their plans the guiding force behind Agenda 21. Don't believe me, go to the DeWeese report, and read for yourself. He will be interviewed on Freedom Talk Netcast this coming week, and the show will be up on Sunday. Go there now for Pastor Manning on other important issues, and bookmark this site. www.freedomtalknetcast.com
 
Remember Tea Party people, why we got in this to begin with?
 
Tish Odom Obama brought Chicago politics to the federal government and Tancredo brought them to our state government!! Two peas in a pod!
 
Gary Bennett Dan I proudly voted for you to day. If we were Dem's I could have voted for you early & often. Now that we have Chicago politics in Colo.
 
Jeanette Lay Koniecki Principle over politics all the way Dan. I am so proud to vote for such an outstanding man who has ran a very positive campaign and gives glory where glory is due. GO DAN GO! I wish I could be with you guys on Tuesday.
 
Richard Drake Well Tom wont get my vote, not as underhanded as he has been! Get after it Dan!
 
Patti Meyer Conroy You have our vote!
 
Charles William Henderson
Dan, thank you for keeping your campaign on the high ground. Facing the likes of Tom Tancredo has to infuriate you. His comments about how an election is not high school show us exactly how he would govern--heartless and cutthroat, and zero... integrity. When I vote, I vote FOR a candidate, not against one. I pick the candidate I believe will make the best Governor, not the candidate I think might win. I vote my conscience, and to do otherwise sells out my own integrity. Thank you Dan for showing us real class and true grace. God's blessings to you and your family.
 
David Robert Crawford We are still after it here on the west side, only got one kid going around trying to peddle TT literature to local businesses. Combined rally today, Salazar was in town. Outdid his folks 2-1. Along with this, we supported You with only the kid bringing a TT sign. All in all a very satisfying outing! DRC
 
Marilyn Oden GO MAES! AGAIN YOU WERE FABULOUS! GREAT DEBATE!
 
Chang Anderson ‎@Mary, this is just like when I was at a debate when I was flipped off by a TT supporter when I mumbled to myself "BS" to one of his comment.
 
John Ebel Thanks Dan. It takes some kind of man to stay such a challenging course.
 
Mary Anne Greer I like you Dan. I know it is getting tough but hang in there.
 
Terry Green naw, stay the course DAN!
 
Cindy Lyons
DRC: I am going to write about how Maes was treated and how TT tactics helped drive down Maes candidacy. I'll be interviewing any and all who can give me info.

DAN MAES: I voted for you today. I don't think I have enjoyed voting for anyone ...more than you. I also enjoyed voting for Jerell Klaver who is opposing Doug Lamborn (who endorsed TT).
 
Thomas Cline And with PRIDE, I say "I'm with you!"
 
Rick Barnes Already done And God Bless You Your family this state and our Country! Thank you for staying the course.
Dan Maes Another debate tonight revealed who the next Governor should be. I had to help TT answer a question because he could not even get his own words out. The mayor was the mayor. I ask you to vote your conscience and pick the right person for you not who you think can win. Stop the cycle of losing with who we think can win.

Dan Maes But no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong. Peace, righteousness, security, and triumph over opposition is the heritage of the servants of the Lord; this is the vindication which they obtain from me, says the Lord. Is. 54:17 Get your 5 smooth stones ready.

 

2 comments:

  1. Sean and I echo Jimmie in being proud to stand with those on Dan's side of the line. We said after the 2008 election we would vote are conscience no matter what. How little did we know how bloody this race would become. However on Nov 3 we will be able to hold our head high and look ourselves and our children in the eye and state we did the right thing.
    After all as Christian's we expect to be persecuted so if we can not stand for our political beliefs how will we ever stand for our God.
    Yvette Cowlishaw (yealc)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvette, that was a very moving statement. Thank you, and God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete